WE ARE CURRENTLY RESCHEDULING THIS EVENT FOR AROUND JUNE AS OUR FARMER HAS INFORMED US THAT THERE HAS BEEN AN OUTBREAK OF A DISEASE ON THE FARM NEXT DOOR, ALTHOUGH IT ONLY AFFECTS HORSES AND FOULS IT CAN BE VERY EASILY PASSED ON FROM FARM TO FARM.
TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THE HORSES AND FOULS ON OUR FARM IT HAS BEEN DECIDED THAT RESCHEDULING IS THE BEST OPTION.
SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED BUT AS SOON AS WE CAN REARRANGE A DATE WE WILL RE ADVERTISE. THANK YOU
We have up to 100 acres of pasture available for this event depending on numbers, we will confirm this as we get closer to the event.
Dullingham is a village and civil parish in East Cambridgeshire, England. It is situated 4 miles (6 km) south of Newmarket and 14 miles (23 km) east of Cambridge.
The parish of Dullingham covers 3387 acres in a long thin irregular shape running from just north of the Cambridge to Newmarket road to the Suffolk border, and is bounded to the south west by Burrough Green and to the north east by Stetchworth. The ancient Icknield Way crosses the north west of the parish. The village seems to have existed for over 1,000 years. By the time of the Domesday Book, there were four land holdings and 46 peasants.
Listed as Dullingeham in the Domesday Book, the village’s name means “homestead of the family or followers of a man called Dulla”.
The church of St Mary the Virgin dates from the earliest records in the early 12th century. It consists of a chancel, aisled and clerestoried nave with north porch and south chapel, and west tower. The chancel is the earliest part of the present building, and was built in the 13th century. The tower was added in the 14th century, and the nave was rebuilt in the 15th century.
The composer George Barcroft was appointed vicar of Dullingham in 1589.
A Wesleyan chapel was opened in the village in 1826 and closed in the late 20th century.
Registration opens at 03-02-2017 12:15
Registration closes at 17-02-2017 18:00
Max Participants: 100
Registration is currently closed.