By becoming a member of Lets Go Digging, you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
Any member that registers to attend an event but fails to turn up without giving the organisers advance notification will be banned from the group. No refund will be given to any fully paid up member in this event.
Full members are given a loyalty card that runs concurrently with their membership, July-June. Any member that achieves 12 stamps within that period will be allowed to roll that free dig over into the new membership year. Cards with less than 12 stamps will expire at the time of membership renewal.
- Abide by NCMD code of conduct which can be found here (insert code: http://www.ncmd.co.uk/code%20of% and the Countryside Code which can be read here ( insert code: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-countryside-code )
- Fill any holes you dig ensuring you leave the area in as good as, or better than found condition.
- Remove all unwanted metal objects found and leave them in the Lets Go Digging scrap containers provided on all events.
- All detectorists must carry a finds pouch/bag to collect all their metal finds during the dig.
- All detectorists must use headphones while detecting on digs.
- Ensure that all personal rubbish is removed from the dig-site and properly disposed of. Lets Go Digging provide waste containers on all events, please use them.
- Respect the land and the landowners wishes. Close any gate you open, do not disturb livestock or wildlife, stay within any marked areas and do not trespass onto any land for which permission has not been granted.
- Abide by all the landowner’s requests for dig days, including closing and locking gates, specifics on dig day parking and any other requests that might occur.
- Read all Lets Go Digging communications in their entirety with regards to attending dig sites and Lets Go Digging group information. All notifications are there to provide members and dig attendees with information on the group, digs and other important matters.
- If a detectorist has confirmed to attendee a dig and then cannot attend they must inform the dig organisers by email or phone as soon as possible. Members confirming attendance and then failing to arrive will be warned only once before being removed from our membership should they repeat this action.
- Always be courteous to dig attendees and people in the local community. Our digs are always recommended by farmers to their colleagues.
- Report any finds to the dig organisers in order that they may be photographed, recorded and researched. We always email landowners with a ‘Finds Report’, this is a record of all artefacts found on their land. Lets Go Digging also provide the ‘Finds Report’ to the dig-site’s local FLO (Finds Liaison Officer).
- Lets Go Digging does have public liability insurance as a legal requirement, however, all members must still be members of eitherNCMD (National Council for Metal Detecting)or FID (The Federation of Independent Detectorists). This is to make sure all our members have the correct insurance while detecting at digs or out on their own. Please make sure you renew your NCMD or FID membership when it expires. We cannot be held responsible for any detectorist that does not have insurance, the detectorist will be fully liable for their own insurance and actions.
- Health and safety is an important part of our dig days, members should report anything that may affect the health and safety of other dig attendees to the Lets Go Digging organisers promptly. We always try to ensure we have first aider on site at all our events that are trained in emergency first aid and resuscitation. Please report all accidents and incidents to the first aider promptly. In the event of an emergency situation please call the emergency services on 999 immediately for professional help.
- Report all ammunition found at digs to the organisers in order that the item(s) can be reported to the correct authorities for proper disposal. It is illegal to possess fire arms, including live ammunition unless you hold the appropriate Fire Arms Certificate and penalties are severe. Please do not touch or move anything fire arms or ammunition related if you are unsure.
- If a member cancels their Lets Go Digging membership they will be removed from the our database and will no longer be emailed/ contacted about any future events.
- Events arranged through us are only to be visited on arranged Lets Go Digging digs. Members must not trespass on any of the our sites at any other times. Any members found to be visiting Lets Go Digging permissions independently from our digs will have their membership cancelled immediately.
- Lets Go Digging has agreements in place with landowners to visit their land for the purpose of metal detecting on behalf of the our members. Members must not independantly contact or approach any landowners of the Lets Go Digging sites. Any member breaking this rule will have their membership cancelled immediately and barred from attending any future events.
- Lets Go Digging will instruct all Detectorists and attendees of of the event that if the situation arises where a hoard is discovered on a dig the organisers must be informed immediately and all current hoard discovery guidelines will be followed. The area will be cordoned off by organisers and other Detectorists must leave the proximity, there is no exception to this rule. The landowner will be informed and the local FLO (Finds Liasion Officer) will be contacted. Lets Go Digging members will comply with the Treasure Act legislation and will not intervene with a potential hoard. Any other discovered items by any other members within a 15 metre radius must be handed in to the FLO for investigation, details of these item(s) and their finders will be recorded to ensure equality and fairness. The initial discoverer(s) of the hoard will retain all rights along with the landowner.
- Members must never detect on Ancient Monuments, Scheduled Monuments and Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs). Under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979 it is a criminal offence.
- Lets Go a Digging does not tolerate night-hawking. Any member found or reported to be night-hawking will have their membership cancelled and will be liable for their actions which could result in prosecution.
- Any member found to be acting illegally or inappropriately will have their membership cancelled and will not be entitled to a refund.
- Lets Go Digging members can invite family and friends on digs as non-detectorists and they will be classed as a member’s guest. Guests are purely observers and must not detect. Members must inform Admin in advance if they wish to invite a non-detecting guest on a dig. There is a limit of two non-detecting guests per member. Members are responsible for their guests, and their guest’s behaviour and actions. Guests must abide by the our terms and conditions when in attendance at a dig site. Non-detecting guests are not charged to attend Lets Go Digging dig days.
- Non-member detectorists are permitted to attend digs but they must be invited directly by the organisers. Members must inform Admin in advance if they to invite a non-member detecting guest on a dig. Non-members must abide by the our terms and conditions when in attendance at a dig site. Non-members are charged at a higher rate then members for dig days.
- The Lets Go Digging forum is for members to use as a communication tool to other fellow detectorists and pass on any help and advice that members can share. Members may post questions that they need help answering and must respect each others opinions, thoughts, feelings and beliefs. While debating and general discussion is fine, but will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, swearing including abbreviated swear words, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory.
- Should your find(s) come under the Treasure Act, then you must report your find(s) to the coroner within 7 days of the item(s) being found. Lets Go Digging Admin will provide assistance with the proper procedure if required. All Treasure items are divided between the finder and the Landowner.
- Any finds discovered on dig sites arranged through Lets Go Digging that are of considerable value (£500 or more) are to be fairly and equally divided between the finder and the landowner (50/50 share). Please remember that by law landowners own all non-treasure finds, they only give the finder permission to search. Although Lets Go Digging does have agreements in place with landowners that finders may retain the majority of finds this does not invalidate the law. Members agree that we may pass on member contact details to the landowner in the event that the landowner requests access to any item(s) found on their land. Any items declared treasure under the Treasure Act are automatically put through the process and will have the proceeds divided equally and fairly between the landowner and the finder.
- In cases where the finder wishes to sell any items found if not declared as treasure is a required to get 3 professional valuations and be able to provide proof of these to Paul Howard, Chris Bailey and the land owner. The average valuation is then used to provide the valuation used when arranging the 50/50 split with the land owner, either party wishing to own or resell the item would then have to buy the other party out by means of purchasing it at the agreed valuation cost. Should you wish to sell or keep the item the land owner MUST have first refusal.
- Any objects found on one of our events by a member from outside of the UK that are of certain cultural definitions, so more than 50 years of age and valued above specified financial thresholds, must be declared to the Portable Antiquities Scheme Finds Liaison Office (FLO) and the object/s will require an individual licence for export out of the UK whether on a permanent or temporary basis. These licences are available from the arts council and the PAS and we will help any members who need to acquire a licence.
- Lets Go a Digging accepts no responsibility whatsoever for finds which are not properly and legally declared, and any person attending a Lets Go Digging event who acts outside of the legal requirements will have their membership cancelled and not be permitted to attend any future digs.
- Landowners reserve the rights to terminate a Lets Go Digging event at any time during the event, funds are non-refundable.
- Dig sites, locations and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notification to attendees, we will always do our best to inform members of changes made as soon as we are aware of them. Parking on any event is at the risk of the attendee. Any damage caused by any means must be covered by the attendees own insurance.
- All dig attendees must pay the specified fee on arrival to the organisers.
- By becoming a member you agree that you have read and understood the Lets Go Digging Terms and Condition herewith and that you will abide by them at all times in their entirety.
- If a member or dig attendee is caught breaking any of our terms and conditions their membership will be cancelled immediately.
- By ‘undetected land’ we refer to land that has not been previously detected by a group or a club. We/you agree that any permission we offer to our members may have been detected on by single detectorists and that we base our digs on the information provided by the landowner. Lets Go Digging cannot be held liable for any incorrect information provided by the landowner.
Please be aware that in line with current legal regulations every dig day attendee is required to read the Lets Go Digging Terms and Conditions and must abide by them at all times when in attendance at any of our events. By attending an event all attendees confirm that they have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and will abide by them at all times whilst in attendance at an event.
By joining Lets Go Digging and attending an event, you confirm you are in agreement and subject to these Terms and Conditions at all times.
These terms are subject to change. Compiled and published February 2016.
In the event of extreme weather weekend events may be cancelled and information posted to the Lets Go a Digging Website.
Land, Green Waste and Finds Disclaimer
Lets Go Digging always do their best to find sites that have a good historical background and hopefully result in some significant and interesting finds. We cannot guarantee that all the sites will result in such finds and we cannot be held responsible for sites that do not.
Lets Go Digging provides various land throughout the UK for metal detectorists to search for various metals, artefacts, coins, buttons and other metal objects. If a metal detectorist attends and detects on a dig day or event arranged by us then the metal detectorist has received the service that Lets Go Digging provides, and the metal detectorist is required to pay for that service. In accordance with the accepted practices of all professional events organisations demands for refunds on a service already provided cannot be entertained on principle. No exception whatsoever can be made to this rule as Lets Go Digging cannot be held responsible for individual’s tastes, expectations or personal opinions. This includes elements beyond our control including the weather on the dig day, the land condition, the individual’s own length of attendance on the dig day and the landowner’s right to cancel the dig day at any time during the duration of the event.
Green Waste: Lets Go Digging cannot accept any liability for disinformation or misinformation provided by any third parties in relevance to any dig or event held by the group.
All members are invited to every dig via the information published on the www.letsgodigging.com website, members must confirm their attendance by replying to this on each event forum relevant to the region. Each event will have a maximum attendance which means we can only accept you on a first come first served basis so we cannot guarantee any member a space and we cannot be held responsible for members missing out on digs who do not confirm their attendance in advance. Any member who is refused entry due to capacity being reached on an event will be offered first refusal at the next dig in that county or on a cancellation.
Lets Go Digging accepts no responsibility whatsoever for finds which are not properly and legally declared by metal detectorists attending their digs, whether a member or non-member. Any person attending a dig who acts outside of the legal requirements will be fully liable for their own actions, they will also have their membership cancelled and they will not be permitted to attend any future events.
Lets Go a Digging cannot be held responsible for any digs or events that they arrange that have to be cancelled due to any situation beyond the group’s control. No liability for third party charges will be accepted due to the cancellation of any event including day digs, weekend digs and metal detecting events cancelled due to the weather, landowner’s right to cancel the event at any time, and any other reason that is beyond our control. All members accept responsibility for their own dig and event costs.
Lets Go Digging cannot be held responsible for any metal detectorist that does not have their own insurance, the metal detectorist will be fully liable for their own insurance and actions. Lets Go Digging accepts no liability for any activities at their events which could result in injury, death, illness or disease, physical or mental damage to any attendees or attendee’s guests. This is the responsibility of the attendee and the reason why our Terms and Conditions state that all attendees must have their own insurance cover when in attendance at any of our events.
Lets Go Digging does not accept any liability for any damage to personal belongings, equipment and vehicles of attendees and attendee’s guests that are brought to any events, and any such items are brought to events at the owners own risk.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Lets Go Digging and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Lets Go Digging. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Lets Go Digging takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This agreement is between Lets Go Digging and you, the member. By registering on this website, you, the member, agree to our terms and conditions and the Detectorist agreement. The Detectorist agreement contains information regarding a 50/50 financial split between you the member and the land owner, in the event of any discovery valued at more than £500. Please ensure you read this before registering and accept this is a condition of attending any Lets Go Digging event.
I confirm I have a valid insurance policy in place that is equal to or exceeds the minimum amount of £10,000,000 as provided by the National Council for Metal Detecting and this will be produced in demand by any Admin representative of Lets Go Digging at any stage during a detecting event.
I accept that the land I detect on that is provided by Lets Go Digging is subject to a financial arrangement with the landowner and will not make contact with said landowner in an attempt to secure personal permissions.
In the event of a discovery with a value of more than £500, I agree to a 50/50 split of the verified value with the land owner.
* Please ensure you comply with the following. Failure to do so will result in your removal from the event and your membership of Lets Go Digging being cancelled.
- All detectorists agree to fill in their holes after retrieving their finds.
- All finds must be declared at the end of each event and any coin or artefact of historical interest to be photographed and recorded.
- All items of scrap must be either carried away from the event or deposited in the scrap containers provided by Admin on the day.
- In the event of a major discovery, do not leave the location, attract the attention of Admin and ensure you retain claim of discovery.
- If you think you may have discovered an explosive device, withdraw from the area, ensure nearby detectorists are made aware of the situation, switch off all metal detectors and only use your mobile phone from a safe distance.
Lets GO Digging is the leading land acquisition company in the UK. All land offered for detecting events is considered previously undetected unless otherwise stated. We rely on the integrity of the farmer for all information about the property and whilst we endeavour to verify the authenticity of his description, we cannot be held liable for any incorrect data.