Mundham, the Return! Saturday 30th September and Sunday 1st October. Camping weekend!!!

Posted by

For those of you attending the Mundham dig this weekend, the postcode is NR14 6EJ

If you pass the church on your right you have gone too far, if you pass it on your left, we are about 500 yards further on. The entrance will be well signed. Safe journey all, see you over the weekend!

The entrance to the parking will allow any vehicle but you need to drive in straight! Please don’t try and take it at an angle, if you damage your vehicle, you have been warned. Admin are there to assist if you need them

UPDATE:

There will now be a catering van on this dig so please show your support for it and hopefully we will see it on many more events!

IMG_8475

Please note: We expect all finds to be shown for photographing, all items considered treasure for the finder to provide identification and a contact number. Whilst it is not our responsibility to report items of treasure found on our digs, we will advise the finder to do so and expect confirmation it has been done. And find of this nature not reported will entail the finders details being passed to the relevant authority.

This is one location everyone is always asking when we are going back! So here we are, all booked for a great weekend camping!

The finds from this location just never cease to amaze! And for this visit, most of the fields we have will either be re-ploughed pasture or Maize stubble! The pea fields that developed so well last time have been ploughed. These fields were still turning up hammered after everyone had left and a few stragglers had an extra few hours before leaving in the Monday!

These were taken by Farmer Simon earlier this week!

The fields where all the Roman came out, and a few nice Saxon have also been prepared for crops which will be out when we get there!

Fields 3

Below are just a very small selection of finds that have been recovered from this permission, there are hundreds more on file!

There will be an easily accessible water supply in the field, mobile telephone charging and a Deus on the raffle with many other prizes!

If you haven’t joined us at this permission previously, we are surrounded by medieval and Saxon history, with two Medieval churches so close you can almost detect in the grounds!

If you wish to attend this event, please register below and make sure you are down for the one even this year that is as good as guaranteed to throw up excellent finds!

The cost for the weekend including camping and all facilities will be £45. Day visitors will be £20 and can take availability of WC’s, phone charging etc. Campers can arrive from 12noon until 10pm on Friday.

If you are only attending for one day, please register on the appropriate form below! If you are camping, please register on the camping form, this means you are attending the both days, there is no need to register on the day forms!

FULL CATERING ON SITE FOR THE WEEKEND

IMG_8476

CAMPING REGISTER: Please register below if you are camping for the weekend. This form confirms you are attending both days. Do not add your name to any other day register!!!

Mundham Camping Only

86. royplomer
  87. JohnElder
  88. dennis1948
  89. Securis
  90. Tinhat
  91. hankins496

Registration is currently closed.

SATURDAY DAY VISITOR: Please register below if you are attending Saturday. There is another form below if you would like to attend Sunday as a day visitor also!

MUNDHAM SATURDAY DIG

72. asableik
  73. MariuszGratkowski
  74. sirsnell
  75. [email protected]
  76. Oneday
  77. Jaycanham

Registration is currently closed.

SUNDAY DAY VISITOR: Please register below if you intend joining us on the Sunday!

MUNDHAM SUNDAY DIG

46. Deanwright83
  47. roytheboy
  48. jimbo1234
  49. Barney2964
  50. Broady
  51. steven83

Registration is currently closed.

Comments

1. Profile photo of eddie

eddie

03/05/2017

hi chris jill & i would like to go but we would stay in b&b for both days how much is it jill is not a member
    thanks eddie………..

Bob

04/05/2017

Chris:::: How many acres Sat/Sunday split please. Cheers bob

3. Profile photo of Lee Todd

Lee Todd

04/05/2017

Hi, I’ve registered for this event can you put me down for plus 2 my son Glyn will be attending he is registered with you but he’s not on the web site, the other is a friend of mine Steve Moodie.

• Profile photo of Jedo

Jedo

10/08/2017

Hi Chris

Not having been to a Lets Go Digging rally before, how are we notified about the exact location before the dig.

I am registered as Jon Hann on both Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks.

4. Profile photo of Mickp

Mickp

07/05/2017

Hi i have registered for Saturday and Sunday as wont be camping how do i add plus one for each day, wife wants to come along saturday mate wants to come along sunday ??
    Regards Mick

• Profile photo of Chris

Chris

29/05/2017

That’s fine Mick, I’ll make a note of it.. what’s your mates name?

• Profile photo of Mickp

Mickp

06/06/2017

Hi Chris,
        Its myself and nicola for saturday, and its myself and bob for sunday, i will be driving there both days and not camping.
        Regards Mick

5. Profile photo of Mike Harrington

Mike Harrington

08/05/2017

Hi, Chris, I have got my name down for the 2 days, and have 2 other people who want to come. Can you add 2 more to my name as I can’t see any way of including them.

Cheers Mike

6. Profile photo of David Johnston

David Johnston

24/05/2017

Good evening Chris, I have booked for camping but my friend Jason Sallam also wants to camp , we will be sharing a car and have one tent if this is ok can you let me know how you would like him to register thank you

• Profile photo of Chris

Chris

29/05/2017

Hi Dave, if he can register on the website and just add his name to the event that would be best!

• Profile photo of David Johnston

David Johnston

31/07/2017

Good evening Chris, my friend who I am camping with managed to put his name down on the Saturday like you suggested but couldn’t get his name down on the Sunday list as it now says full , is he ok for both days camping still? His username is jade the ace thanks David

7. Profile photo of Sherry Bell

Sherry Bell

05/06/2017

Hi Chris,
    I, my husband and two friends have registered to attend the two days but we have three other friends coming as well. We are coming from the States and hope we can all attend the two days. How do we pay for the hunts? And do you have any recommendations for lodging that is nearby?? We are really looking forward to your event!

8. Profile photo of Sherry Bell

Sherry Bell

07/06/2017

Hello Chris,
    Me again with an update. Just wanted to let you know that all of our group has registered for the two days of hunting. Wondering when and how we pay for the hunts. Some of us are also thinking of joining your club. Can we pay for that at the hunt or do we need to do this online? Thank you and best regards,
    Sherry

9. Profile photo of romanlee

romanlee

08/06/2017

will be bringing wife , she don’t detect, does she have to pay ?she does photography as a hobby and is willing to take pics for the web site

• Profile photo of Joanne Boyce

Joanne Boyce

22/06/2017

Hi thank you thats very kind. Yes she is more than welcome to attend the event, there is no need to register her as she is a non paying guest due to not detecting. Thanks Joe

10. Profile photo of Scott Bell

Scott Bell

28/06/2017

Chris,

Our group of 8 yanks will be attending the rally. 2 questions:

1. Can we pay the hunt fees on arrival?
    2. We need directions to get to the rally site.

Thanks. Scott

11. Profile photo of Thomas john

Thomas john

10/07/2017

Hi Chris, Its Tom and Bryan the archaeologist from the Wem dig. places are all booked for the camping weekend. Would it be possible to put me and my Dad on a list for any cancellations please? We really want to attend the weekend here. Thanks again matey, speak soon.

12. Profile photo of Jan Freeman

Jan Freeman

17/07/2017

Please let me know if a camping spot becomes available as I’d like to do the weekend. Thanks:)

13. Profile photo of linda perfect

linda perfect

17/07/2017

hello. Have just registered for both days, could you please let me know whether I pay when I arrive? many thanks. Also, any chance of there being someone else driving up from Somerset?

• Profile photo of Joanne Boyce

Joanne Boyce

18/07/2017

Hi Linda, all of our events are simply pay on arrival unless otherwise stated in the description but this is generally just for the camping weekenders. Thanks Joe

14. Profile photo of Thomas john

Thomas john

18/07/2017

Hello, is it possible to put me and my dad Bryan Walker (BAW-BaHons) on a cancellations list for the camping weekend please? We have registered to detect both days for now to make sure we are on the dig. If you could do that for us it would be appreciated. Thanks.

15. Profile photo of John Parry

John Parry

23/07/2017

Hi Chris… Where do I pay deposit for the dig, I have registered for the camping weekend, and I believe you now require deposits for camping weekends, I have looked for the Paypal link here but can’t see it ?….
    Also as its a camping weekend, and my first full weekend, when will details of where to set up my tent be published, and from what time on the Friday please

I was really disappointed you had to cancel the Aberarth weekend as I had set my diary around attending that one, hopefully you’ll reschedule it in near future… keep up the good work…. Cheers John

16. Profile photo of Paul

Paul

23/07/2017

Hi Chris. Can I please bring along my partner Tina Stevens & her son Matt Stevens?
    Thanks
    Paul

17. Profile photo of Neil Storey

Neil Storey

27/07/2017

Hello there,
    Would also be interested to know if there is a cancellations list please.

18. Profile photo of Jay

Jay

05/08/2017

Damn missed the Saturday! Is there a list for reserves?

19. Profile photo of Martin

Martin

20/08/2017

Hi,could you put my name on the cancellation list for weekend camping please.
    Thanks

• Profile photo of Martin

Martin

22/08/2017

Hi, was wondering if there is a waiting list for this dig and would it be possible to put my name on it.
      Thanks

20. Profile photo of Pavels

Pavels

21/08/2017

Hi is it possible to register for camp more? Or it`s full?
    Would it be 2-3 places free?
    Thanks

21. Profile photo of David Foster

David Foster

21/08/2017

Wanted to come on this one Chris for the weekend camping but saying it’s full can’t put my name down can you advise cheers dave

22. Profile photo of David Johnston

David Johnston

22/08/2017

Sorry have had to pull out of the weekend , I have deleted myself from the camping list thanks David

23. Profile photo of Mandy

Mandy

22/08/2017

Hi is there a reserve list for camping please?
    Wanted 2 places
    Many thanks Mandy

24. Profile photo of Richard Buck

Richard Buck

30/08/2017

If any positions become available for either Sunday or Saturday or both please consider me. Thanks,

Oneday

• Profile photo of Joanne Boyce

Joanne Boyce

27/09/2017

Hi Richard, i have a space on both days, do you want me to add you? If so what day? Thanks

25. Profile photo of Marie Downing

Marie Downing

03/09/2017

Hi this will be my first dig with a group I have booked to come on the saturday and sunday as there are no spaces on the camping section are there local camping places not far from where you all are please

26. Profile photo of Gerjo es05

Gerjo es05

04/09/2017

Hey is there a list to be put on as reserve if someone pulls out of the camping weekend?

27. Profile photo of jay swenson

jay swenson

05/09/2017

Gutted i cannot attend as i have to take my daughter up to Durham Uni, so good luck to all that attend.

• Profile photo of Joanne Boyce

Joanne Boyce

18/09/2017

Hi Terry yes thats fine can i just ask the name of your guest please so i can add them to the list. Thanks Joe

28. Profile photo of Trish Ostrowski

Trish Ostrowski

18/09/2017

Hi, many apologies as Mikemeboy and Trisxa Ostrowski will have to pull out of the weekend as Mike has dislocated his shoulder again so I’m afraid 250 miles is too far for him to tow. We were down for camping so hopefully someone else will have the chance to find something nice.

• Profile photo of Joanne Boyce

Joanne Boyce

23/09/2017

Hi Trish really sorry to hear that but thank you for letting us know and I’m sure we will fill the spaces as I’ve got a huge reserve list. Hope to see you both soon. Thanks Joe

29. Profile photo of chris

chris

18/09/2017

hi will there be two separate field’s for Saturday and Sunday?

30. Profile photo of Phil

Phil

20/09/2017

I’ve added my name to the Saturday & Sunday lists above so does that mean I can attend? When will I receive details of where I need to go to next weekend? Thanks

• Profile photo of Joanne Boyce

Joanne Boyce

26/09/2017

Hi Phil, it certainly does, the postcode is given out the evening before the event at around 6pm but as this is a camping event too the postcode will be on here on Thursday evening. Thanks Joe

31. Profile photo of roytheboy

roytheboy

22/09/2017

Hi this will be my first Rally, I am down for Sunday when will I get directions to Mundham please

• Profile photo of Joanne Boyce

Joanne Boyce

26/09/2017

Hi, the postcode for this event will be on here and facebook on Thursday evening. Thanks Joe

32. Profile photo of Sherry Bell

Sherry Bell

24/09/2017

We are looking forward to attending the dig coming up soon! I’m hoping we can get directions as we will be arriving in England Friday before the hunt. I have sent an email but just want to make sure I cover all bases here. Thanks again and cheers!

33. Profile photo of Ian reeve

Ian reeve

24/09/2017

Hi Chris.
    Presumably site directions will be issued during this coming week, on”events”
    Ian Reeve

34. Profile photo of Suffolk Hunter

Suffolk Hunter

25/09/2017

Been waiting a long time for this, going to be awesome. Hope Simon the farmer recovered from his previous ordeal. Ian

35. Profile photo of linda perfect

linda perfect

26/09/2017

Hi, really sorry but I’ve had to take my name off the list for this weekend as my work now won’t let me get away for Monday. If things change, I’ll try to re-register if there are still places. Very Very disappointed…

36. Profile photo of Justin

Justin

27/09/2017

Hi I have just put my name down for sunday,have you got room for 3 more people
    Thanks

37. Profile photo of Ian reeve

Ian reeve

27/09/2017

Hi Chris,
    Can you please advise when site directions will be posted. Thanks.
    Ian

38. Profile photo of Dave Smith

Dave Smith

27/09/2017

Hi – Apologies for the late notice , but my Dad’s health issues mean I won’t be able to attend this one .
    Was booked in for a Full Camping Weekend .
    Sad to miss out again . Good Luck to whoever takes my space . Dave

39. Profile photo of Jase the ace

Jase the ace

27/09/2017

Sorry Chris , Jo I can’t make it on the Saturday, I have tried to de register but the system won’t let me, thanks Jason

40. Profile photo of Arminius

Arminius

27/09/2017

Hi Joanne
    Really sorry but not going to make this one now. Been struggling with a chest infection, hopefully you will be able to fill the space.
    Gutted..been looking frwd to this one for months.

• Profile photo of Joanne Boyce

Joanne Boyce

28/09/2017

Hi Anthony, thanks for letting us know, i will remove y our name from the list. Thanks Joe

41. Profile photo of Mickp

Mickp

28/09/2017

Hi Chris I cant make sunday now with my guest bob, tried to unregister but its not giving me that option.
    Regards Mick

• Profile photo of Joanne Boyce

Joanne Boyce

28/09/2017

Hi Mick, thank you for letting me know, i will remove your names from the list. Thanks Joe

• Profile photo of Mickp

Mickp

28/09/2017

Thanks Jo i am still coming along Saturday with a guest , it was originally my wife Nicola as a guest, but she has done her back in , so im bringing my mate Neil along Saturday instead i hope thats ok. Thanks for taking me and guest off list for sunday.

42. Profile photo of Alan Lloyd

Alan Lloyd

28/09/2017

regret I must cancel my weekend booking (No.14). Please give it to someone else on your waiting list. rgds.

43. Profile photo of Ian reeve

Ian reeve

29/09/2017

Unfortunately have to unregister for Sunday, so please pass my slot to someone else. Thanks.

44. Profile photo of Jeremy

Jeremy

30/09/2017

Hi, sorry for the very short notice but I am unable to make this weekend due to family commitments. Gutted as I’ve been looking forward to this one for months 🙁